Friday, May 29, 2009

Art Show and Exhibition at Butcher Boy Prime

Not sure how many of you have been into our banquet room and demo kitchen at Butcher Boy Prime but we have a fairly impressive collection of locally made artworks from Wildflower Village including paintings, photos and some sculpture and glass works.

I want to invite some of these artists, and more, out for a art show/exhibit on JUNE 27th. I am looking for artists that make cool, interesting and/or useful art- clothes, handbags, pottery, fashion accessories, jewelry, etc. to come out and set up a table at the show.

There are so many cool and talented people in Reno, I would like to see a good group of them at this event. If it goes well, I will make it a monthly thing which would give everyone a central place to check out a variety of local artists.

I would also like to see one or more local musicians that are trying to get their name out- come out and play for a bit, sell your CD's and swag, or just enjoy the audience.

We need your support!! Tell your friends, family, etc. about the event- please help spread the word! And also make sure you tell any artists you know.

To the artists interested:
We will provide the space, tables, etc. at no charge to anyone. You can sell your stuff however you like and we do not expect any commission. In exchange, you do your best to tell your friends about it and get as many folks to show up as possible.

To get involved please get in touch with me by email, facebook, twitter or leave a comment right here. I would like to see pictures, video, etc. of your work and a description of yourself and what you do so I can get a good mix of arts and styles.

This is open to local artists only- anyone in Reno, Sparks, Tahoe, Carson, Truckee, Minden, etc.

Please get in touch and help us make this event great!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I know I would love to show my flowers, hats and headbands. This is a great idea. Thanks Butcher Boy for the support of the locals!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please use common courtesy and good judgment when posting comments or we will remove them.